Shawn Filer co-Founded Real Residential in late 2022 after 5 years as a Founding Broker at Compass Washington where he was one of four partners with the 4th highest ranked team in the Nation. Prior to Compass, Shawn was co-owner of NWG Real Estate, an independent boutique brokerage that he and his colleagues sold to Compass, becoming their initial launch partner in Washington State and one of the first on the West Coast.
As a prominent figure in luxury real estate, Shawn is known for his private client database and his discrete representation of heads of industry, celebrities, and foreign investors. Shawn’s vast local knowledge and keen understanding of luxury property and lifestyles has helped him secure some of the highest cost per foot sales in the region.
Originally setting out to be an architect himself, Shawn has had the privilege of working with some of the region’s top designers, builders, and architects, including Adam Leland Homes, Design Built Homes, Olson Kundig, Schultz Miller, Dowbuilt, and McCullough Architects. Shawn has also been featured in AD, Luxe Magazine, Luxury Home Magazine, Bellevue Lifestyles, Mansion Global, WAC Magazine, Puget Sound Business Journal, and Wall Street Journal.
On a personal note, Shawn currently resides in NE Seattle with his wife Elizabeth, three children (Ava 13, Caleb 10, and Evelyn 5), and two golden retrievers (Bode and Theo). They recently completed a 3-year passion project by renovating and reimagining their 1960’s Mid-Century modern home and they are frequently spotted boating in the San Juans, chasing snow at Crystal Mountain and Sun Valley, or recharging their batteries in Palm Springs.
- Nationally ranked in the top 1% of all agents based on sales volume
- Ranked top 50 in Washington State based on Sales Volume (2019-2022)
- Co-owner and Founder, Real Residential
- Former partner and Luxury Director at NWG Real Estate
- Former Founding Broker, Compass Washington
- Responsible for 13 off market luxury sales including 6 waterfront properties
- Record cost per foot sales in Seattle, Medina, Clyde Hill, West Bellevue, Kirkland, and Mercer Island.
- Over $800 Million in lifetime sales volume
- Member of REALM Global, a membership of the most accomplished real estate professionals ever assembled.
- BA in Business (Marketing), University of Washington Class of 2001
- Cornell University College of Architecture, Art, and Planning (AAP) 1996
- University Prep High School Class of 97